Wednesday 7 March 2012

Host Family #1

Today I recieved my first host family!

If anyone didn't know; if you go to a country (for example Japan) you will have more then one host family. Sometimes there can be 3 or even 4 different host families you stay with. It usually isn't the same with 5 month exchange students but if someone (like me) who stays for 10 months will have more then one host family. In Japan, it is said to not be common to stay with a family more then 1 month or even 3 months.

Right now my first host family, I will only be staying with them for a month.

With this host family I will be living in Yamaguchi City! =D
But my school is actually 2 cities over, so I will be travelling a good 2 hours to school every morning for the first month. From the picture below you can see what I mean.

I start at my host families house (point A), then I walk 20 minutes to the train, hop on the train and go right though the city of Ube, to SanyoOnoda, or Onoda station. Which is a good hour train ride. From that station I walk again for a good 20 minutes to my school (point B)

Fun huh?

Here is a little map showing you guys my journey from point A to point B.


SO now time to talk about my host family ! =D
I am about to email them, but they only have one email. So gonna see who responds xD

Alright, for my first host family I have a host dad (Yuichi), host mom (Wakae), and 3 host siblings ! =D

Two sisters; Keiko (19), Akie (16) and one son Isao (28)

This is going to be awesome! I am a year younger then Keiko but Akie is the same age as my little sister. And Isao is the same age as my older sister. Also Akie is in the same school as I so I guess I will be going to school with her xD

Gosh I am super exited now!

I will update again soon once I have talked to them!

14 days you guys! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment