Sunday 25 March 2012

Day 2 with Host Family

Today was a lot of fun!

Woke up at 8AM, Wa-chan (Host mom) made my breakfast; yogurt, chicken hot dog (with chicken, lettuce, and ketchup) it was super yummy! Also she made a egg hot dog (it was a hard boiled egg with mayo, smashed into a sandwich. It was alright, not a big fan of egg though. Also had strawberries! Oh dear Japan has probably the BEST strawberries! I haven’t seen a strawberry that BRIGHT RED before! So good! And I think she added brown sugar on the side and it was just so good! I also got to watch some SMILE Pretty Cure on the TV this morning. Its not so bad as I thought it was. Then I saw a trailer to the new Pretty Cure DX Movie!! I so want to see it! My Japanese has just gotten worse and worse I have noticed xD So hard to talk to people. Yuu-chan (Host dad) know’s a bit more English and so does Aki-chan (host sister). Wa-chan doesn’t know as much so it’s a bit hard to talk. But we understand after awhile! After breakfast, Yuu-chan took me out for a walk around Yamaguchi City a bit. We went to pay our respects to his families’ grave. It was a very nice walk. We both love classical music! So it was a conversation starter! XD

For lunch we went to a Ramen shop! First time eating REAL ramen! It was SOOOOO good! I think it had pork in it? And I also had Gyoza! Soooo good! And a onegiri. After lunch we went to the 100yen shop to buy a cup for Sora-chan (Isao’s daughter, host brothers daughter). After that we went to Aki-chan’s sensei’s house (her trombone teacher’s house). Earlier that morning Wa-chan showed me a DVD of Aki-chan’s teacher and his wife performing (She is a Soprano singer) and he is a world famous trombone player. They were super nice! He knew A LOT of English (He studied abroad to France and learned English as well). So Wa-chan asked him questions to ask me in English like; “What kind of food do you like?” or “What do you not like?”. After a while I realized everything I don’t like are spicy or salty foods xD But I love sweet and flavourful foods. Yum yum!

They also have a baby! His name is Louis and he is 10 months old. SOOOO Cute! Japanese babies are the cutest! Aki-chan and I played with Louis-kun for awhile then he fell asleep. During that time though sensei’s wife, Aki-chan and I made I think it was Dango. It started to look a bit like mochi at first. It was a lot of fun to make! Aki-chan and I took turns mixing the batter all together then rolling them and putting the balls of what looked like mochi into a pot of boiling water. After they were rising sensei took them out of the water and put them into another bowl of water to cool. Aki-chan and I started to prepare the bowls to put it in. In the end it was SOOO good! There was this sauce, and what looked like macha powder on top, plus this other dango looking thing full of vanilla ice cream! It was all so good! Also sensei’s wife gave me this little kuma (teddy bear) keychain! It was soooooo cute!

A lot of translating later, I feel like I am really close to my host mom and sister now. Aki-chan and I both hate math but like world history, we both like the arts, and we both hate salty and spicy food!

I also found out that there is going to be 2 Australian exchange students at my school! I get to meet one of them tomorrow! I am so exited! And happy that I am not going to be the only one! Lets hope they know little to no Japanese as I do!
Also I have been writing my speech. Arg… I found out that it has to be 3 minutes long!

oh dear! I only have a good…1 paragraph finished! I have time though. I don’t have to get it done till April 5th (Aki-chan’s sensei is coming over for her lesson so he is going to translate it all to Japanese woot woot) So I just have to write it in English. Don’t know what I am going to talk about for 3 minutes but I will think of something. This is seriously one long blog. But I think I am almost done. Today was a very good day. I can’t wait for tomorrow!

Here is a picture of Aki-chan's teacher!
He is SOOO good at playing the trombone!

No comments:

Post a Comment