Wednesday 29 February 2012

Toronto Orientation Information

So this is a bit more of a info thing. Sadly I was unable to get any pictures or videos because we were super busy. A lot of information to take in. We were sitting at this table from 11AM till 2PM, going over rules, what we are expected to do, and all that stuff once we arrive in Japan.

I got to meet 3 other exchange students going with my program, one other girl at two boys, I was the oldest. Since I am in grade 13, they were in grade 11, so I am a good 2 years older then them. It was quite funny when I saw their faces when Wendy said my age (Because we were talking about rules on drinking, and licence/driving abroad) she said "I know your going to be 19 over there Haley, but still no" they looked at me odd at first, quite funny. But anyway, the one boy and girl (cant remember their names) were going for 5 months while myself and the other boy (his name is Josh) are going for 10 months. He is a good 3 hours from Tokyo, North East, and I am REALLY south. I am actually the farthest away from Tokyo! They are all in big cities while I am in a sorta small finishing city... I was so jealous. The closest one to me is the girl who is going to be staying in Hiroshima. Which is cool!

They are all gong to public schools... while I got accepted to a private co ed Catholic high school... THE HECK! XD Found THAT funny at first. But I get A LOT of my stuff provided for me, while everyone else has to buy their own text books and uniforms while mine is provided for me. Which is a bonus!

So, we went over program rules that if anything was done 3 times kinda rule, you will be terminated from the program. All the rules are common things; no drinking, driving, drugs, attending school, obeying host school rules and host family rules. All that stuff. What kind of cultural shock we would have, school. All that stuff.

Let me think... OH We all got to know what the plan was for our orientation! So what happens is that once we get off the plane and meet the LP over in Japan, we have to pack a separate over night bag with 4 days worth of clothes, tooth brush, shampoo, toothpaste, and all that jazz into a over night bag INSIDE our suitcases so we can just take them out, because our suitcases are actually being sent RIGHT TO our host families! Which is nice so we aren't lugging them around for the orientation in Tokyo. So once that happens, we take out stuff and head over to the Tokyo Olympic Sports thing, we will be staying with THOUSANDS of other host students across the world there in the Olympic village there (which is like dorms) for 3 days 4 nights I believe. We go to Japanese lessons, group activities, we get to tour around Tokyo with our groups (cant leave our groups) Which is understandable.

So it will be 3 days 4 nights getting use to the place, and meeting new people! Its going to be super exiting and I hope I get to meet someone living close to me =D

I literally leave 20 days starting tomorrow... I am working my last week at my job (last day is next Tuesday) I am super sad to leave everyone, but its time. I need to start packing my suit case and carry on and over night bag. SO ANYONE GOING WITH YESCANADA OR EIL OR ANY PROGRAM! PACK AN OVER NIGHT BACK IN YOUR SUITCASE! Because you will probably be going other places with your host family and such, so BRING A OVER NIGHT BAG instead of lugging a huge suitcase around xD Smart idea. Put it on your list of things to bring/buy.

Hm... I think that is it for now. I will update again soon with my host family information!

Its so close now guys! Soon I will be a J-VLOGGER and J-BLOGGER in Japan!

Super exiting! =D

じゃあ、またね!

~ Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment