Sunday 25 March 2012

I HAVE ARRIVED!


Gosh! Its been awhile hasn’t it? I am writing these blogs all separately because I don’t have internet right now till the 26th. Or later…. Arg. WELL! The 3 day 4 night orientation was GREAT! I made a lot of new friends from that. I also have a video of my journey and I hope to post them all up on Youtube very VERY soon!

I did however write in my journal. So I am probably just going to type everything out and post it. Lol. Welp; here goes me typing out my journal!

“ It has been a couple days hasn’t it? Orientation was great! I met a lot of people. There was 4 of us from Canada (myself, Josh, Matt and Elise), 3 from Australia (Max, Meika, and Penelope), 1 from Finland (Evallina) and 1 from Italy (Martina). On the 1st day we were in a class, Japanese lesson’s and so on. A lot of us had jet lag (us from Canada and Martina from Italy expecially). Also, I got to try out a public bath! The first night was awkward, but it wans’t so bad after awhile. The next day we went to a Shinto shrine, Harajuku (I saw BodyLine and Closet Child shops! Ah! My inner Lolita fan girl was happy!) Also had a strawberry crepe, it was soooo good! Next was Akihabara, lots of UFO Machines and arcades! I had lunch at burger king with Josh, Max and Evallina. Martina went to a sushi bar and everyone else went to McDicks (McDonlads). The last place we went to was Asakusa, it was a very old styled part of Japan, with lots of temples and kimono’s.

When we got back to the Olympic center we were so tired. Went for dinner and every meal we had came with rice! SOOO much rice! On the first night I had beef curry, and man was it SPICY! On the second night we met a couple of AFS students and YFU students at their orientation at the Olympic center. When we were all just sitting at these couches, a group of older Japanese men came over to out group and started to talk. If I tried to explain what happened it would sound SO stupid but for everyone who was there, gosh it was the funniest thing EVER!

The last breakfast with everyone was a bit sad. We all were going separate ways. I am the farthest from everyone. Evallina is in Chiba, so her host parents picked her up at the Olympic center. Josh and I had to take a plane, Martina had to go another way, and the rest took the bullet train. The plane is really small; it was a 2 hour trip to get to Ube City, Yamaguchi Prefecture. Welp I’m off!”

Well that was a boring blog if I do say so. Lol. But when I got off the plane, I saw signs! That read “HALEY (enter last name here)” and Im like Oh dear! Was all embarrassed! I also got to meet my second host family! They have a daughter who is my sisters age (almost 16) who speaks VERY good English! She went to New Zealand for a year so her English is VERY good. And I met my host mom for that family to. Hm… I also met my rep and teacher at my school who is in charge of the program. Kinda fun!

For dinner we had this Spanish rice with onion soup and chicken fingers. It was very good! Also Aki-chan (host sister) and I got to watch WALL-E. Since well; there isn’t much speaking to understand what is going on. And it was in English! Woot woot!

Well I guess that is all for now. See you next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment