Tuesday 3 April 2012

So finally getting something done

So if you guys dont know I have VLOGS so make sure you check them out!: www.youtube.com/user/haleyinjapan

anyways.

So; alot has happened since I last updated! I went to stay with another family for 3 days because I was super sick and my host family couldn't host me for a couple days because they got super busy with their shop and I was sick. So to make sure my health was improving I went to live with a elderly couple. They were SUPER nice!

Hm... I went to a lot of places. I got to check out Xavier Memorial Church, Sesshutei Garden and Rurikoji Temple and the Five Storied Pagoda. It was a lot of fun! I also made a friend!


Her name is Junko; the woman on the right is who I stayed with and Junko is on the left.
At first; it was SUPER awkward. She is 21 can you believe that?!
ANYWAYS! So we were just sitting under the kotatsu (its a Japanese table with a blanket and really warm heat!) XD And she was asking me a lot of questions in English! Like about Canada. Then she asked me if I liked American TV, and I said of course!
She started listing shows like GLEE and ER (which I do enjoy) then she said "how about Criminal Minds?" Oh my gosh. You dont know HOW happy I was to hear that! I said "OF COURSE!" She looked super exited; told me to hold on and came back with the First Season Box set of Criminal Minds! She asked if I wanted to watch. I said of course!! But I told her I didn't know Japanese well; she said not to worry xD She played it in English and put Japanese sub's at the bottom! We sat and watched it for a good 2 hours. She also started asking why I wanted to go to Japan and stuff. And how Yamaguchi is "hick town" and "country" which is kinda true XD BUT ANYWAYS! Then the conversation of ANIME came up! Oh gosh. The minute she found out I like anime. she was like "YOU LIKE ANIME?!? What about Astro Boy? Black Jack? EH!" She was so happy xD I knew all those to so it was fun!

We talked a bit more then went to the book store. We looked through the manga a bit and then I picked up a manga by PEACH PIT (I cant remember) she asked "Ah Peach Pit!" Me: "Yea I really like them! Like:" And in unison we both say "Rozen Maiden" It was so funny! We both started to laugh!

I really connected with Junko a lot; I am so sad that I had to leave the same day! She lived next door to where I was staying.

I had great fun!

Hm. Now back to more information!
woot woot!

This past Sunday I went to Mine, Yamaguchi. Its really popular tourist spot. It has HUGE mountains and fields with Onyx rock and lots of caves!
I had a lot of fun!


We also went to visit Wa-chan's (host mom's nick name)mom in the oldie folks home. And we ran into this display! They told me that they only displayed this for 2 days and I was super lucky I could see it!
The dolls were so beautiful!

And a picture with my host mom Wa-chan and my host dad Yu-chan.
I really love this host family.

I dont know what else has happened xD but thats about it for now! See you guys next time!

~ Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment