Monday 9 April 2012

And So My First Day Of School

Well I really hate this new Blogger thing going on. But anyways lets not talk about Blogspot/Blogger being stupid and changing everything. WELL its been awhile hasn't it?! Well today was my first day of school at Xavier High School! Had a great time! Met another exchange student from Australia at my school so its nice to have another English speaker. So we had to do speeches today. Oh my gosh that was such a day! I got up at 6AM, at breakfast, got dressed, left for the train at 6:30AM for the 7:05AM departure; got to the train station at 7:45AM, walked again and didn't get to the school till 8:15. Oh gosh that is a long trip. But its alright after I got there xD I didn't have my uniform yet so I was just in jeans and junk.

Got there; left my host sister cues she had to go another route into the school, got dressed into my uniform. Met up with the other exchange student, went into the teachers office together to do a small introduction. Then went back to a room to wait, then was taken to our classes, I am in 2-3 which is the equivalent to Grade 11 in Canada. Woopie. LOL! So if you go on an exchange, you will most likely be put into a grade below grade 12 since the older students are always busy studying and really dont have time to talk or interact with an exchange student I find. Now where was I... Alright, so got shown to my class, then I had to do another small introduction. Sat in class for a bit listening to my sensei (which I could barely understand XD). Talking about the schedule for tomorrow since the other students have exams tomorrow, I don't. But I might take the English exam just for kicks. Then we had to go to another school assembly (my school has maybe less then 200 students) So we all sat in this smaller gym sized area, then I had to give my long speech in front of them. Not to bad.

Then we were told we had to give the speech again... this time to future student's parents, future students and the graduating class plus all the teachers this time... and it was just so nerve racking! I was so nervous! I totally screwed up XD But a lot of other junk happened, lunch was fun. OH!! OH OH! First thing in the morning (before all that jazz and we were in the classes') The whole school had to clean up the school (cleaning windows, sweeping floors, cleaning desks' and so on) which was really different from Canadian school XD !

They don't have janitors in Japanese schools, students do the cleaning. Lunch was fun. Went to the class next door to chill with the other exchange student and a group of other students. I wish my Japanese was a lot more advanced then right now... but all I can do is study and hope for the best! And try! XD Hm... I think that is it really... Nothing much else to say. Welp I am off; so here is a picture of me in my uniform xD

2 comments: