Friday 10 February 2012

So THAT'S the reason why its taking so long...

So, not only is this blog documenting my time in Japan, but also the work I need to do to GO to Japan. Its really stressful, and honestly if you can't handle stress, better learn! Because I just got "slapped in the face" today by reality... that I am going to another country, with a different way of life then ours (North American). So, today, I received an email from my LP. Saying that I need to re submit a part of my application. Why? Because I had a photo of my boyfriend and I (I didn't state that he was my boyfriend, that he was one of my best friends, which he is.)

WELL! The schools that my program have been trying to get me into all said NO. The reason? In quotation from the email that she received from them it said; "the school was concerned about inviting inappropriate behaviour between boys and girls into the school."  Because I had a picture of my boyfriend and I... It wasn't anything risqué or something! It was just a picture taken at prom, us standing beside each other! And school's didn't like that.
So I had to re submit a new picture and description of another friend of mine. That was a girl. That is why its taking so long to find a host family and school... because I had a picture of me and my boyfriend. They NEVER said that would have wavered my acceptance into schools/host families! So I was shocked!

At first I was like "WTF! Thats SO STUPID!" Then I remembered... "Right... different culture and a different way of doing things..." It was just a pain, but it is all working out. The thing that bugs me though is because I don't have a school yet, I can't get my COE, and because I can't get my COE, I can't get my VISA.... ARRRG! And I leave in a month! So much to do! D= my LP did say though she has had worse experiences with exchange students and their schools over in Japan when it came to getting accepted. But it's just scary... I keep thinking the worst... like they would take back my acceptance or no one wants to host me because I have a boyfriend or my age... its really scary and stressful. But I have to injure it for now.

Will update again soon darlings!

~ Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment