Sunday 10 June 2012

Been awhile!

Wow I really need to keep up with these blogs!

I have been super busy over the last couple weeks I haven't really been able to just sit down and write about my events!
The last one I was talking about Golden Week and that was a month ago!

Now lets get this show on the road shall we ;)

I was lucky enough to see VENUS over the week! if anyone didn't know; over the week Venus was visible near the sun and that wont happen again for another 130 years or so, so I am so happy I got to see it!
Here is a picture I nabbed from my English teachers Facebook xD I believe he was with the Math teacher and he is super interested in space and stars. So I am happy to have seen a better picture.




So; right now in school we are preparing for the yearly 文化祭 (ぶんかさい - bunkasai - cultural festival)
at school. If you watch anime or watch Dramas you guys will know what this is xD
its a huge event put on by Elementary, Junior, High and University schools to show the students every day achievements. Its the only day out of the year that other students from other school's are aloud in another school. There are plays, food shops, and all these awesome things! My class (2-3) is doing a Curry Rice restaurant ! I am super exited for it! Its this up coming weekend so I will make sure to bring my camera over the week and get some pictures and videos! (I really need to update my VLOG as well)
I also helped make paper flowers for decorations! Lots of fun is going to happen this week!


Hm.. I don't know if anything else really happened ...

Well I might post some emotional things like right now so if you don't want to read about all the things that is making me mad dont continue xD

So like I said; I really love Japan. I do. But Japan is like any other country. It has its negitaves to their postivives and lately I have been experianceing a lot of negative vibes from it... What I have noticed about Japanese people (maybe not all but some) they are very two-faced. They will act like everything is okay and say don't worry about it, but really they are pissed off and talk about you behind your back and if there is a problem will not tell you about it till its so far along that they already hate you and you can't do anything to fix it.

Its annoying... because I honestly don't know how anyone feels about me; if they are just putting on a mask and hiding it or if that is how they really feel.
Over the week I was feeling a bit sad. Who doesn't feel that way? I am still a bit homesick, I wasn't feeling good over the week, I am exhausted, and of course I might show that I look sad sometimes. I can't really control that. But I am being told that teachers are concerned about my well being because I haven't been "genki"
OH DEAR LORD! I hate that word. I can't be GENKI (which means happy or something) all the FRICKEN TIME PEOPLE! So because of this concern; the teacher in charge called my program.... yea... I already have a feeling I  am not in good standings with them... and she asked them what she can do to "fix me". . .
DEAR LORD PEOPLE! I am feeling down for a couple days and now you all think I am depressed?!
I am not depressed! I am just feeling down!
Even if you are sad; you have to smile. Yeaaaaaa... that isn't easy when I come from a cultural where you are told to EXPRESS your emotions and how you feel them holding them in.

And it doesn't help that even though I say I am happy here...sometimes I just want to go home... if this was really a good idea for me. This cultural is harder to adjust to then I realized. It is so different its crazy... I am almost 4 months in and I am still trying to adjust to it all... Right now my goal is to make it to the end of August or September and if I still feel like this was a bad idea I might go home early... Nothing set in stone or anything yet but I am just fighting a war that I feel like I won't ever win.

Let's just see what happens in the next couple months.

Well other then that; I am off. I hope to make another blog more positive next time. Probably about the cultural festival~ Till next time guys!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hayley, I am Analise's mum in Australia. She asked me to say "hi" to you as she does not have access to a computer often. She is still in Japan and said to say that she understands completely what you are going through. Hang in there..... and try and have as much fun as you can whislt you're in Japan! Say hi to Eric W.from Analise and I. Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. "genki" actually means healthy, just so you know. It is definately a challenge, but I think you can do it. You can also talk to your host family about it. Not all japanese people are the same, and without the fluency in the language it can be hard to tell what they are feeling, true, but try and ask them for clarification if you are confused. Overall, this is normal for where you are in your exchange, so don't give up on it yet.

    ReplyDelete