Sunday 17 June 2012

Cultural Festival!

So its that time of year at my school where we do out Cultural Festival!
And gosh that was a lot of fun!

So on Thursday June 14th 2012; was only half a day of class (so 1st to 3rd period) then the rest of the day was working on Cultural Festival things; putting our classes together and working on finishing posters and other small things.
Here is a quick video I did XD
I plan to post the rest of my VLOGS from this weekend soon~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0tWc9CyZjA&feature=plcp

Lets start off with this; my class 2-3 did a Curry Rice shop~ it was super yummy!


I helped a couple students in my class with posters; but since I am horrible at drawing; I did the colouring! =3
Hm... A lot of things happened just trying to remember xD
Thursday was all just prep for the Friday; Friday was pretty much a trail day and getting this completely ready for the Saturday which was the main day of the cultural festival. 

Friday 15th 2012

That was a very eventful day.
Got to school; helped with some small things; then went to the gym for the events of the day hosted for the students. It was also the opening ceremony for the Cultural Festival; I sat with two friends from my class.
Some first years came around with some balloons and I couldn't figure out what they were for. 

We were told to blow them up but not tie them. Then after the little speech we were told to let them go. So the balloons went flying across the gym to officially open the Cultural Festival! =D
It was tons of fun!


A, K and Me 

The Music Club put on a terrific performance! I was so shocked for a high school band they were very very good! (I used to be a flute player in band back in high school in Canada and it made me want to play the flute again XD)
Then the Drama club put on a funny performance! It was hard to catch every word but I figured it out after time went on.
Next we had a good 30 minute break; so I just walked around for a bit.
Went back to my seat and a Traditional Japanese Dance was performed by a student. It was very beautiful!
Then a group of bands formed at the school played. Some of then were really good actually!

Then the costume contest started. Each class has a "mascot" character for their shop during the Cultural Festival. My class was Winnie the Pooh! So our teacher and a couple students dressed up as Pooh, Tigger, Eeore, Piglet and Kanga. And started to dance to Kiss My-Ft2's song EVERYBODY GO
got alot of laughs from that one. 
Sadly we didn't win. But the other classes' performances were awesome! XD
That was my Friday in a nut shell. 

My Saturday... oh gosh that was one tiring day!
In the morning I walked around by myself, just to see things. I ate SO much food that day!
Through the day I ate maybe 6 Kakigooi (which is Japanese Shaved Ice). It was super yummy!
Then some chicken, hot dog, and some other salty meat xD
I was also being fed by some students XD "Haley try this!" and gave me Udon, Yakisoba (2-1) and some Curry Rice (2-3).
Gosh that was fun XD
After my friends K and A were finished with their duties I met up with them and we walked around for a bit. we went to a traditional Japanese cafe sort of hosted by I believe a first year class. I ate some Green Tea ice cream and Green Tea. Gosh it was yummy! A even gave me a bite of some Japanese sweets; it hate red bean in it if I am not mistaken.

I also ate some fried chicken and fries(3-1), popcorn and juice (3-3), Ice Cream (3-1). Oh gosh I feel fat just talking about all of it xD

My friend K (another friend that starts with the letter K XD), who is a first year, wanted me to go to her class (1-1) because they had a Game Centre, gosh I wanted to go but I had to go to work (work in the Curry shop) when she started! So I was sad  about that D=
There was also a Haunted House (1-3) but me being a chicken didn't want to go in by myself since everyone else are chickens xD
Started working around 1 till 3. Had a blast with everyone!
After the Cultural Festival was over we all did a major clean; and like I said in my video; took 2 days to put everything together; all cleaned within 1 hour. XD


But gosh I was tired after the day! Had the closing assembly  which was very emotional or the 3rd years since this was their last Cultural Festival at Xavier. It was super sweet <3

I had such a wonderful time! I really got to bond with lots of students over this time and really got to see them not all stressed about studies and just having a good time.

Back to school Monday; then they have tests coming up. So more time off for me soon xD
But till next time guys!

3 comments:

  1. Woww! The festival sounded great! I wish we did things like these back here in Canada.. hmm I was wondering how your japanese is coming through after these few months?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you read your comments? :(

      Delete
    2. I do read them xD
      just been super busy lately.

      Delete